Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
change settings
Home CCI > Workers compensation > Employers > Tasmania > Information for Employers > Who needs a workers compensation policy?

Your most important assets are your people

So that makes your workers' compensation cover just as important. CCI provides the best possible support for your injured employees. And we help them get back to work sooner, so you can all continue providing your valuable business.

Who needs a workers' compensation policy?

The Workers' Compensation Act 1988 requires employers to take out policies to cover all their employees. This includes apprentices, sub contractors, family members and working directors.

If you are a sole proprietor or a member of a partnership, you are not classified as a worker of your own business. This means you can't take out a Workers' Compensation policy for yourself.

All employees are entitled to compensation for injuries that occur in the course of their employment (provided their employment is a significant contributing factor).

For more information, visit WorkCover Tasmania​.



© Catholic Church Insurance Limited (CCI) ABN 76 000 005 210, AFS Licence No. 235415, Level 8, 485 La Trobe Street, Melbourne 3001. All rights reserved. The information on this website is intended to provide a summary and general information only to clients of CCI. It does not constitute, and should not be relied on as advice or considered as a comprehensive coverage of the topics discussed. You should seek independent and professional advice that is tailored to your own circumstances. CCI will not take responsibility for any loss, damage or injury to any persons incurred by the use of content contained on this website.