“The urgent challenge to protect our common home includes a concern to bring the whole human family together to seek a sustainable and integral development, for we know that things can change…”
From Laudato Si’ of the Holy Father Francis on Care For Our Common Home
CCI is committed to environmental leadership with business practises that support sustainability, reduce waste, and lower carbon emissions. We have a dedicated Sustainability Committee who ensures people in our organisation work in ways that reduce our carbon footprint.
Raising awareness of our environmental responsibility is part of our broader corporate sustainability framework. It allows us to identify clear opportunities for becoming more energy efficient while lowering operational costs. The effort is backed by the objective to serve our clients with greater efficiency; strengthening their role in supporting Catholic communities across Australia.
CCI also pilots innovation programs to explore new ways of roll out successful and sustainable, change management initiatives.
We are committed to:
- Careful and efficient use of our planet’s natural resources so that we minimise our impact on the environment caused as a result of our daily work
- Abiding by all environmental laws and the required practices that protect the earth
- Governing our people through a sustainability Green team who will educate and assist the adoption of environmentally safe work behaviour; including recycling practises and thoughtful sourcing of products and services upon which we rely in serving our clients
- Reflecting on our performance regularly through sustainability reporting, and digitally sharing information with all of our stakeholders
- Learning about strategies, technologies, and perspectives of environmental leaders that support of sustainability effort, and sharing knowledge through our Insights thought leadership platform
In 2018, in recognition of its environmental sustainability effort CCI became the proud award winner of the Victorian CitySwitch Best New Signatory of the Year Award, and the National Best New Signatory Award in the same year.