Composite Risks Property Insurance
Safeguard against loss or damage by a range of causes
Protect your organisation with a broad all-in-one, property policy
Composite Risks Property Insurance protects your organisation with a broad, flexible property policy designed to safeguard against loss or damage by a range of causes.
It can cover physical loss or damage to your property as a result of fire, explosion, natural disasters, theft, vandalism and accidental damage. And if your property has important architectural features, this policy can also help you retain its charm and character.
- Parish buildings
- Primary and secondary schools
- Aged care facilities
What you're covered for
- Architect, surveyor and consulting engineer fees
- Statutory fees related to rebuilding
- Fire extinguishment costs
- Temporary property protection costs
- Demolition and debris removal costs
- Replacement of locks after theft of keys
- Loss or damage to clothing and personal effects belonging to directors, priests, housekeepers, teachers and students
Types of cover
- Reinstatement or replacement of property
- Property will be repaired to the same condition without deduction for age, or wear and tear.
- Modified reinstatement or replacement
- This cover is suitable for older, historic buildings where, in the event of a total loss, you would prefer to have a more functional, replacement building erected.
Optional cover: Consequential Loss Insurance
You have the option of extending your cover to include Consequential Loss Insurance (also known as Business Interruption Insurance). This can help your organisation get back on its feet after a major property loss.What Consequential Loss Insurance covers
- Loss of revenue or loss of profit
- Additional costs involved in avoiding further interruptions, like the hiring of alternative buildings
- Labour costs in restoring or replacing business books or records
- Professional fees incurred in preparing claim details
- Loss of rent
How does composite risks property insurance work?
Composite Risks Property Insurance in action
A primary school classroom is badly flooded after heavy rain. Some of the building's footings are washed away, and the room is inundated with water, damaging carpets beyond repair and destroying computers.
With Composite Risks Property Insurance in place, CCI helps return the classroom to its former condition. To minimise disruptions to education, we quickly organise for the site to be made safe and cleaned, and then for new carpets to be laid and for computers to be replaced.
A heater is accidently left on overnight in a Church sparking a fire. There is smoke damage throughout and a section of wall and roof is burnt, exposing asbestos plasterboard.
Thanks to Composite Risks Property Insurance, CCI helps return the Church to its former condition. To minimise risks to health, we quickly organise for the damaged asbestos plasterboard to be removed and for the entire Church to be cleared of dangerous particles. Once the site is safe, we organise repairs and restoration of the building so normal services can resume
The roof of an office building is ripped off by winds during a violent storm. Desks and office equipment are damaged by falling debris and rain.
Composite Risks Property Insurance enables CCI to help return the office to its former condition. Firstly, we organise for the site to be made safe and to be cleaned. Then we arrange for the damaged roof, flooring, desks and computers to be replaced. Before long, the office is functioning as it was prior to the storm.
Need help to reduce your property risks?
CCI's Risksupport team is dedicated to helping you minimise risks. As a valued CCI client, we can help you create safe and secure workplaces, and protect your property and assets.
We've developed a range of Risksupport tools and resources to help you reduce the chances of accidents, injury or interruption to your valuable services.