Protect your organisation and its management from third party claims.
Management Liability can protect your organisation and its directors and officers from allegations of wrongful acts, claims of wrongful employment practices, penalties for unintentional breaches of legislation and misappropriation by dishonest employees.
Employees, customers, competitors, shareholders, creditors, the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission and the Commissioner for Taxation can all bring actions. If you're responsible for a school, college, hospital, welfare agency or aged care facility, you should ensure you have this insurance in place.
What you may be covered for:
- Actual or alleged breach of duty or trust by directors and officers
- Negligence, Error, Misstatement or Misleading statement(s) by directors and officers
- Omissions by directors and officers
- Breach of warranty of authority by directors and officers
- Other acts wrongfully done or wrongly attempted in the capacity of a director or officer
- Wrongful refusal to employ an applicant for employment
- Wrongful failure to promote an employee
- Wrongful demotion, negligent evaluation, negligent reassignment or negligent disciplinary action
- Wrongful termination of employment, including constructive dismissal
- Unlawful workplace harassment or discrimination, which may include discrimination on the grounds of race, colour, sex, sexual preference, age, physical or mental status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, religion, political opinion, national extraction or social origin
- Breach of legislation, including Work Health and Safety legislation*, Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) (some exemptions apply), Australian Securities and Investments Commission Act 2001 (Cth), Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) and Environment Protection legislation
- Direct financial or physical loss sustained by the company resulting from a fraudulent or dishonest act by an employee or volunteer.
- Broad Coverage
- Flexible Policy Limit up to $20,000,00
- Optional Tax Audit extension
*Cover excludes monetary penalties imposed under the Work Health and Safety Act 2011 (NSW)
How does Management Liability Insurance work?
Management Liability Insurance in action
A teacher at a high school makes a complaint to the Fair Work Commission claiming the school's Principal was placing unreasonable pressure on her to take on board additional duties.
The complaint is dismissed and the Principal cleared of any wrongdoing, however, legal costs in defence of the allegation amount to $90,000.
Because Management Liability Insurance is in place, CCI can cover the legal expenses.
Need help to reduce your risk?
CCI's Risksupport team is dedicated to helping you minimise risks. As a valued CCI client, we can help you create safe and secure workplaces, and protect your property and assets.
We've developed a range of Risksupport tools and resources to help you reduce the chances of accidents, injury or interruption to your valuable services.