A comprehensive level of protection against cyber risks
A cyber insurance policy will protect you from cyber crime and computer-based incidents and can safeguard your organisation from losses and claims against you.
Cyber attacks are becoming more common and can happen to any organisation. They can cause data breaches if you store personal information and compromise business operations through computer system interruptions, cyber extortion threats, denial of service attacks, destruction of electronic data and software damage.
It's why cyber security is more important today, because the threats to business are becoming more frequent.
What you’re covered for:
- personal injury
- property damage
- breach of confidence or infringement of any right to privacy
- infringement of intellectual property rights
- computer hardware damage caused by the transmission of computer malware
- a third party's good faith reliance on a fraudulent use of your encrypted electronic signature, encrypted electronic certificate, email or website
- denial of authorised user's access to your computer system
- participation of your computer system in a malicious attack by a third party directed against another party's computer system
- media liability
Losses sustained by you, including:
- computer system interruption loss
- credit monitoring costs
- crisis containment
- cyber crime
- cyber extortion
- data breach notification costs
- forensic services
- loss of electronic data
- loss of donations due to lack of confidence in ability to protect personal information or confidential information following notification of data breach
- social engineering losses
- software damage
- telephone phreaking
- Access to a 24 hour technical support helpline. Our global Cyber Security partner, DXC Technology, will give you technical support and assist you through the recovery and claims process.
- Worldwide cover. You’re protected anywhere in the world for content you publish on an Australian server.
- Broad definition of 'Insured'. Our policy includes cover for your staff and volunteers.
- Optional excesses. Choose between an excess of $1,000, $2,500 or $5,000. More excess means less premiums.
- Flexibility option. Three different indemnity limits are available to suit the size and complexity of your organisation.
Further policy terms, conditions, limits and exclusions may apply. For a full copy of the policy wording, contact your Client Relationship Executive or call 1800 011 028
How does Cyber Insurance work?
Cyber Insurance in action
A welfare organisation has its computer system hacked and its clients’ personal information accessed. Credit card and tax file numbers, as well as Centrelink data is stolen and sold on for the purposes of identity theft.
Over time, as its clients fall victim to identity fraud, claims are made against the welfare organisation alleging inadequate computer system security.
Because Cyber Insurance was in place when the computer system was hacked, CCI covers the legal expenses and compensation payouts to the value of $1m.
Need help reducing your cyber liability risks?
CCI's Risksupport team is dedicated to helping you minimise risks. As a valued CCI client, we can help you create safe and secure workplaces, and protect your property and assets.
We've developed a range of Risksupport tools and resources to help you reduce the chances of accidents, injury or interruption to your valuable services.